Hidden dependency in QT3/Win Borland build environment?

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Tue Mar 8 20:35:27 CET 2005

Wes Plouff wrote:
> I have a very basic problem building the QT/Win snapshot, v3.3.3, dated
> 1 March. My development environment is the Borland C++ v5.5 compiler on
> a Windows ME system, with nothing special added. Both the configuration
> batch file and the Borland makefile fail. Is there some hidden
> requirement to build inside the Cygwin environment, or something I'm
> overlooking?

I think I asked this question myself a while back if I understand you
correctly. Borland and the Cygwin Bash shell environment are not ment to
be mixed. If you want to use Borland, you need to stick with building
your code in the stock DOS environment under windows.

You might also check the archives for a more detailed answer to my
previous question. In fact it is kind of a good practice to do so anyhow. :)

HTH.

Steven