is somebody interested ?

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Mon Mar 7 09:48:02 CET 2005

> I got this message from qt4 : But i can't try i haven't both tools... i
> tested it on
> linux and I think the future is quiet promosing espacially designer. I am
> interested in trying on windows if someone can make exe.
> good luck
> Henri
> Qt4 currently builds with the latest packages from MinGW, if any one has
> a licenses for windows they can test this out for them self form the
> snapshots.  The build time has greatly improved, building the main
> libraries takes between 15 ~ 20 minutes. I am not sure yet on the final
> ActiveQt support, in general hosting ActiveX control in Qt is not to big
> a problem, but building controls with Qt and mingw does not work out of
> the box because you require an midl compiler. If you have such a
> compiler then it should work as long as all the interface you wish to
> support are in MinGW.

I don't understand why I need a license to test this out. I mean - they want
to make it gpl... or do they fear that we use some of the code in our
qt3/free or try to create a generator for msvc / borland? It could only help
them when a lot of people on different computers do beta testing...

Christian

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl