Off-by-1 error in drawLine!?

Michael Schmitt michael.schmitt at teststep.org
Sat Mar 5 14:42:01 CET 2005

Dear developers,

the LyX team is facing another small bug in Qt Win/Free that makes our math
editor look ugly:

As you have mentioned in the header of qpainter_win.cpp, Windows does not
draw the end points of a line whereas X11 does so. For that reason, you
added some special code in drawLine that fixes the discepancy.

However, AFAICS this fix is not correct. If we draw two lines with
coordinates

  x, y + 3, x, y
  x, y, x + 3, y

I would expect something like

 xxxx

However, Qt Win/Free shows something like this:

 xxxx

That means the end point IS drawn (at least in this particular case).

We would be very happy if you could have a look at this problem. Of course,

  xxxx

(and the two "lower corners") should work as well.

Kind regards,

Michael