Hard crash in QFileDialog (Qt/WinFree)

Angus Leeming leeming at lyx.org
Sat Jun 11 17:26:11 CEST 2005

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Peter Kümmel schrieb:
>> Angus Leeming wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys.
>>>
>>> I've compiled the attached files with:
>>>
>>>   $ moc -o trial_moc.cpp trial.h
>>>   $ g++ -g -I$HOME/qt3/include -o trial trial.cpp trial_moc.cpp \
>>>       -L$HOME/qt3/lib -lqt-mt
>>>
>>> On launching the resulting trial.exe, a little push button pops up.
>>> Press the button and a QFileDialog is displayed.
>>> Press the "Up folder" button to the right of the "Look in:" widget
>>> which should be showing you're in "My Documents".
>>> Select (double click on) the "Desktop" folder, to enter this directory.
>>> Press "a" on the keyboard...
>>>
>>> BOOM.
>>>
>>> and now, I'm off to bed.
>>> Good night,
>>> Angus
>>

>> Hi Angus,
>>
>> your bug reports are really superb!
>> A workaround is in cvs now.

Thanks!

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1218742&group_id=27249&atid=389712
> The problem is that also it looks like the QLineEdit with the cursor has
> the keyboard focus, this isn't true. When you click into the QLineEdit
> before pressing a key, all works fine because then the correct widgets
> gets the keyevent.

Actually, on linux at least, the QLineEdit doesn't have focus and pressing
"a" causes some directory beginning with "a" in the folder list to be
highlighted. If there's no such folder, then there's no visible effect.
The "a" certainly does NOT get put into the QLineEdit widget.

Hope this helps further.

> Christian

Angus