Qt/WinFree bugs

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Fri Jun 10 15:31:39 CEST 2005

Angus Leeming wrote:
> Chris January wrote:
>
>>> Dumn question:
>>> Given that I have checked out your cvs repository here, how do I go
>>> about making a .tar file for distribution?
>>>
>>> set QTDIR=J:\MinSys\home\Angus\qt3
>>> set MINGW=J:\MinGW
>>> set
>>> PATH=J:\MinSys\home\Angus\qt3\bin;J:\MinGW\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS
>>>
>>> set QMAKESPEC=win32-g++
>>> mingw32-make dist
>>>
>>> *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.
>>

>> I'm not sure what the best way to do this is but one possibility is:
>>
>> make distclean
>> cd ..
>> tar -cjf qt-win-free-lyx-3.3.4-2005-06-10-src.tar.bz2 qt3
>>
>> or something like that.
>

> Ha!
> cd tools && mingw32-make distclean
> mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target `distclean'. Stop.
>
> It was easiest just to download a fresh checkout of the cvs tree and
> package that.
>
> cvs -d::pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/kde-cygwin \
>   checkout -r QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH -d qt_winfree_10june05 qt-3
> tar cvf qt_winfree_10june05.tar qt_winfree_10june05
> bzip2 qt_winfree_10june05.tar
>
> I've uploaded the file and added a prominent licensing section. Happy now?

I checked out the new website and it looks fine. Sorry to be such a pain
in the ass about this but it is important.

There is a tool around somewhere (I forget the name) which will delete
any files in a CVS working directory that aren't present in the CVS
repository. Maybe that will help you with future snapshots?

Chris