How far is the qmake support for msvc / borland

Thiago A. Corręa thiagoacorrea at uol.com.br
Mon Jul 25 19:26:13 CEST 2005

> Hello
>
> I just wanted to know how far the support for qmake is? Are there any
> open issues where I can work on?
>
> Christian

There are some open issues with the msvc.net. The Qt libs in the project file doesnīt match the name in %QTDIR%\lib, it generates it like QtCore.lib instead of QtCore4.lib. Didnīt had the time to debug it yet.

Iīve also seen some problems with moc generation, but then I have yet check out since it worked for me at home once but not on this other computer, maybe it was just lacking the patch I sent the other day :)

Resource embedding rules might also be missing, I havenīt seen them on the code, but not sure, my app doesnīt use them yet.

Also, if you do CONFIG -= flat, it crashes, no idea why.

MSVC 6 is completely overlooked, not sure if itīs worth anyway, since most ppl now use the VC 7.0 or 7.1 and 8.0 is around the corner.