Remote KDE apps on Windows HowTo?

Rob Brandt rbrandt at csd-bes.net
Fri Jul 22 01:36:31 CEST 2005

You have a quote on your home project page:

"use KDE on Windows XP for easy remote running of my KDE applications
on my Mandrake Linux server box. When I need to configure my server or
make a fast edit of a webpage, or even move files around, nothing is
easier than to simply load up KDE and ssh -X . (from Serious use of KDE
on Windows?)" I would like to know how to do this. I have found many
alternative ways of doing similar to this, but not exactly, and my
efforts so far have failed. I have Cygwin and KDE on Cygwin installed
and working on my WinXP system; I can get an X session to my server
through ssh using startxwin.bat, which uses xterm.. What do I do to get
a KDE session from my SuSE server on my PC? Thanks.

Rob