Two Errors at Startup of KDE-Cygwin 3.4.1

Ross MacGillivray ross_macgillivray at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 15 19:13:36 CEST 2005

I am starting KDE-Cygwin 3.4.1 with the following script:

bash-2.05b$ cat ~/startkde
usr/bin/echo $path
usr/sbin/cygserver &
export CYGWIN=server
export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0
usr/X11R6/bin/XWin -logverbose 3  -multiwindow &
usr/X11R6/bin/xwinclip &
usr/X11R6/bin/xhost +
export SHELL=/bin/bash
pwd
opt/kde3.4/bin/kdeinit +kicker &

I am getting the following two errors when I run the ~/startkde script

<snip>
winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the
display.
bash-2.05b$ kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 400 result = 0
DCOP: register 'anonymous-400' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-400'
kdeinit: Launched KLauncher, pid = 3292 result = 0
DCOP: register 'klauncher' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: new daemon klauncher
kdeinit: Launched KDED, pid = 3772 result = 0
DCOP: register 'kded' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: unregister 'kded'
DCOP: register 'kded' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: register 'anonymous-3772' -> number of clients is now 2
kio (KDirWatch): Available methods: Stat
kio (KLauncher): KLauncher: Got kdeinit_exec_wait('kbuildsycoca', ...)
kdeinit: Got EXT_EXEC 'kbuildsycoca' from launcher.
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage <-- First Error
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage
kio (KLauncher): kbuildsycoca (pid 148) up and running.
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage
winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadWindow (invalid Window
parameter)
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage
DCOP: register 'kbuildsycoca' -> number of clients is now 3
kbuildsycoca running...

<snip>

WARNING: Problem deleting stale lockfile
/home/RossMacGillivray/.kde/share/confi
g/kconf_updaterc.lock
WARNING: Problem deleting stale lockfile
/home/RossMacGillivray/.kde/share/confi
g/kconf_updaterc.lock <-- Second Error

What is the source of these two errors and what is the solution for each
error?

/Ross