Rebase errors

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Jul 13 01:04:14 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2005 23:54 schrieb Somaroo S:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I ma trying to install you package as per instructions
> at
> http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-cygwin/kde/kde3.4/
>
> I get to the rebaseall step and get the following
> error:
>
> ReBaseImage (/usr/bin/cygiconv-2.dll) failed with last
> error = 6
>
> I tried running the startkde script anyway and
> needless to say, I do not see KDE launch.
>
> Any help you can give will be appreciated. I seem to
> have successfully accomplished all steps before the
> rebase step.

rebase could not adjust dll's which are in use by an application or another
dll. You should make sure, that *only* bash is running.
You can get a list of running cygwin processes by
ps -ea

Then you can kill a process with
	kill <PID>
where <PID> is a process identifier (the first column of ps -ea)

Ralf

> Thanks
>
> Somaroo

Ralf Habacker