msvc 8 compile instructions

Simon Rutishauser simon.rutishauser at web.de
Sat Jan 15 17:28:37 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 05:16:31PM +0100, Simon Rutishauser wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 12:08:20PM +0100, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> > Here are compile instructions for msvc8.

> > Installing the Platform SDK:
> >
> > Download all files (320 MB) from
> > http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/psdk-full.htm.
> > Extract the files as described and run "Setup.exe": Install the "Core SDK".
>
> You don't have to download all the files - it is sufficent to go to
> http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate and tell it to
> install the Core SDK (you have to use IE). So you don't have to fetch
> all of the 340 MB. Provided of course you trust Microsoft not to
> transfer whatever from your computer to somewhere else ;-)

Yet another note - don't know if you know that already but I think it
should be mentioned in the compiling instructions:
The Beta has a Time bomb - it works until march 2005. This is in the
License Agreement (they know why they put it there as nobody reads
that - I only did because I wondered whether there actually was a time
bomb...)

The eula says:
NOTICE: THE SOFTWARE IS TIME SENSITIVE AND IS DESIGNED TO CEASE
FUNCTIONING ON MARCH 1, 2005. NOTICE OF EXPIRATION WILL NOT ACTIVELY BE
GIVEN SO YOU NEED TO PLAN FOR THE EXPIRATION DATE AND, PRIOR TO SUCH
EXPIRATION, MAKE A COPY OF AND REMOVE YOUR DATA THAT YOU WISH TO USE IN
THE FUTURE.

Now I wonder whether it is actually permitted to set the clock back.
Didn't read the eula in-depth though so I'm not sure about that ;-)

Simon