question of porting state

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Jan 12 01:19:46 CET 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 22:26, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> | Hi
> |
> | on http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/qt3-win32/roadmap.php
>
> there are
>
> | some todos stated as open. My question is if anyone can say, how the
>
> porting
>
> | state for the following items is, so that we can mark them as done.
> |
> | # add QClipboard (copy'n'paste) and QMimeSource support (by Christian
> | Ehrlicher)
>
> QMimeSource and QClipboard seem to work now. Drag'n'Drop also works, but
> ~ I need a lot of testing since this is a complex thing and official Qt
> even doesn't support this the correct way every time...
>
> | # complete QFontEngine support
> | -> ready ?
>
> apart from some bugs I would say yes - but Peter Kuemmel & Christopher
> January are the experts there :)
>
> | # complete QProcess signaling support and io redirection
> | (kernel/qprocess_win.cpp)
> | -> probably not ready
>
> Not ready and currently no idea how this all should go - if someone has
> good literature for...
The mainly left features are io redirection of started sub processes and sub
process signal management. An exampe could be found on
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;190351

some times ago I wrote a little helper class QPipe, which may help you. You
can get this class from http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots/qpipe.tar.bz2.

Additional I had worked a little on qprocess_win.cpp (env handling), but this
needs some cleanup to be usefull. I will do this in the next

I this doesn't help, ask again.

Regards