question of porting state

Simon Rutishauser simon.rutishauser at web.de
Sun Jan 9 21:46:31 CET 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 09:35:43PM +0100, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Hi
>
> on http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/qt3-win32/roadmap.php there are
> some todos stated as open. My question is if anyone can say, how the porting
> state for the following items is, so that we can mark them as done.
>
> # add QClipboard (copy'n'paste) and QMimeSource support (by Christian
> Ehrlicher)
>
> # add QPrinter support (by Simon Rutishauser)

It prints (well at least for me) but still does have some problems with
printing text:
- I'm not sure if the way i implemented it is "right"
- alignment is completely wrong when one prints text with empty lines
  (take the Action example and enter a text without empty lines - should
  be all right, but as soon as you enter an empty line somewhere things
  get messed up - the coordinates that are passed to
  QPainter::drawTextItems seem wrong (or I interpreted them wrong
  because the painting on the screen actually is done correctly))

In addition I sometimes experienced segfaults - maybe these are fixed
now by the change Peter Kümmel made.

> # complete QFontEngine support
> -> ready ?
>
> # complete QProcess signaling support and io redirection
> (kernel/qprocess_win.cpp)
> -> probably not ready
>
> # complete OpenGL support (opengl/qgl_win.cpp)

Simon