KDE Styles for Win32

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Jan 8 12:34:09 CET 2005

On Friday 31 December 2004 01:34, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just I found a link for some additional qt styles using the kdefx library
> native compiled to windows. This may be a good add on to the native qt
> port. See
> http://www.kelta.net/index.php?option=content&task=category&sectionid=7&id=
>12&Itemid=38 for more informations.

Just had a private communication with Jaruslav Staniek and we decided to place
some kde styles at least temporary into the kde-cygwin cvs as qt addon.
Currently I would add the dotnet2, the keramik and the thinkermik style.
Others may follow.
Additional I have activated the qtconfig application using only the first page
"Appearence" to allow users to choose the provided qt style. (will be in cvs
soon)

The question now is where to locate this stuff.

The first choice is to place this stuff into a subdir kde_styles under misc
using the same dirs like kdelibs uses.

misc/kde_styles
misc/kde_styles/kdefx
misc/kde_styles/kstyles

Another approach is to add this styles to src/styles  (I personally don't like
this)

the third approach is to place this source completly outsite of the qt cvs
source and to manage it as separate source package, say kde_styles.

Any pro/cons ?