qtwin32-binary package question

REGAT-BARREL Aurelien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 6 20:15:19 CET 2005

Compiling the code with your compiler should be encouraged because you can also get errors with the STL for example. It is the case with qt 3 demo from trolltech, compiled with VC++ 6. You can provide a VC++ 7.1 std::string to a qt function and it compile & link with no errors, but it crashes at runtime.

Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
On Thursday 06 January 2005 10:12, Chris January wrote:
> > Hi

> > Does anyone

> > > I don't think it will - but I have VC++ 6 at work so I can
> >
> > compile a
> >
> > > version there.
> >
> > It works - I'm using MSVC 6.0 to debug since Borland
> > debugging capabilities are incomplete in some cases.
>
> Don't the resulting binaries depend on the MSVC.NET runtimes so if you link
> the libraries against a program compiled using VC++6 you will be using both
> runtimes? Does this work and is this desirable?

A detailed description could be found on
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_c_run.2d.time_libraries.asp

Aurelien REGAT-BARREL