wrote Tutorial

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Jan 2 20:34:11 CET 2005

On Saturday 25 December 2004 18:07, Thorsten Staerk wrote:
> Hello
>
> After reading several bugs at sourceforge, googling, and trying, I wrote a
> tutorial how to use KDE-cygwin 3.1.4 on Windoze.
> I also describe how to compile kdepim (unfortunately, it does not run after
> compiling :-(
> Find it under
> http://www.staerk.de/thorsten/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=44
>
> Do you want to publish it ?
>
> Now I would really like to do a tutorial how to get kdepim to run. But the
> problem is, if I do it with the autoconf/automake files from kde-cygwin, the
system complains there is no autoconf when issueing make -f Makefile.cvs. So,
how do I compile under kde-cygwin ?

Thank you for your efforts, but do you have read
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/installation.php and
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/compiling.php ?

I think mostly is written there. Do you have thought about maintaining your
howto in the future in case of changes ? To avoid this you can update or
extent the official documentation under the above mentioned links.
You may copy the html text, change and send the resulting file to this list.

In the last time there some requests for an actual kde/x11 release under
cygwin. If some people will be with me, we can take this chance to make this
real happen. For this task an update of the install/compile information is
required.

In the next time I will update the website with related informations.

Regards