What options are there for compiling Scribus?

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Sat Feb 26 20:40:20 CET 2005

Ralf Habacker wrote:

> I've updated this doc, because I forgot some points

Just yet another note of thanks. I just updated cvs and tried again.
Here is my history and output for reference:

   150  cd ~/
   151  mkdir ~/build
   151  export QTDIR=~/build
   151  mkdir ~/qt-3
   152  export QT_SOURCE_TREE=~/qt-3
   153  cd qt-3/
   154  cvs -z6 update
   156  make -f Makefile.cvs
   157  cd $QTDIR
   158  $QT_SOURCE_TREE/configure -platform cygwin-g++
-plugin-imgfmt-mng -qt-zlib -qt-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -qt -libmng
-no-g++-exceptions -thread -no-stl -no-sm -no-xft -no-xkb -no-xrender
-disable-opengl -disable-sql -prefix /opt/qt/3.3 -fast
   159  make

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cboothe/build'
cd qmake && make
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/cboothe/build/qmake'
make[2]: `qmake' is up to date.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cboothe/build/qmake'
cd src/moc && make
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/cboothe/build/src/moc'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`/home/cboothe/src/qt-3/src/moc/moc.pro', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cboothe/build/src/moc'
make[1]: *** [src-moc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cboothe/build'
make: *** [init] Error 2

cboothe at IT-staff ~/build
$

>>> 3. Started with fresh minimal install of cygwin with the following
>>> development tools:
>>>
>>>    - cvs
>>>    - make
>>>    - >=gcc 3.3.1
>>>    - recent binutils
>>>    - flex
>>>    - byacc
>>>    - XFree (at least base and prog)
>>>    - cygipc
>
> cygipc is obsolate, because ipc stuff is located in the cygwin package.

Thanks! I removed this from my list on the wiki as well.

> cygwin is moving and this means that some informations could be
> outdated. Thank you for verifying this.
>
> Regards
>
> Ralf

Well I must say I really am happy to be helping out in any way I can.
Without this project, Scribus on Windows wouldn't even have a hope of
running anytime soon, and if I can help advance the opportunity for
folks to access Scribus while at the same time help out with the testing
and documentation of the kde-cygwin project then I can both feel happy
that I helped both the fine efforts of the folks behind the kde-cygwin
project as well as those interested in bringing more attention and
opportunity to both kde-cygwin apps including Scribus! :) So huge thanks
to you and Peter for all you have done to make this possible!