QT 3/Windows Free Edition: MinGW cross compiler

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Feb 25 11:20:21 CET 2005

> Hello there!
>
> Using the snapshot from yersterday (Qt 3.3.3) I was able to compile
> the Qt sources using a MinGW cross compiler on my GNU/Linux.  The cross
> compiler is based on s MinGW release about a year old.  I had to
> made changes during the make run in:
>  - Makefile's
>  - headers
>  - source files
> The changes were minimal, but essential.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to
> link the stuff because the ld tries to consumes about 180M of memory which
> I actually don't have @ my laptop.  Very very sad... so close.
>
> Anyway. Are you interested in the changes?
It would be interesting to see what you had to change and how you set up
your crosscompiler. Maybe you can make a compile instruction (see
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/compile-mingw.php).

It consumes even more than 180MB - and tooks really long (more than 1hour on
my duron 1300/512MB). MinGW's ld.exe seems to have problems:
http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2004-11/msg00516.html

Christian

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail