What options are there for compiling Scribus?

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Mon Feb 21 21:23:20 CET 2005

OK, I am still working on this, and I have two questions. First is
related to the following instruction for compiling Scribus to work with
Cygwin:

>>1. install qt-3.3.3 release (qt-3.3.1 does not work)

I guess I'm a little unclear as to how to go about doing this?

Does it matter whether I "install qt-3.3.3" via the instructions for
compiling qt-3 via CVS with the Borland compiler at the following webpage:
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/compile-borland.php

Or should it be installed via the cygwin environment/compiler? If so,
then what I would like to do is expand on those instructions a bit as it
seems a little unclear at this point, because I want to help make this
more accessable for those interested in testing Scribus on Windows.

Second: Is it possible to get the cygwin environment working to a point
where I could begin checking out and test Scribus from CVS?

Thanks you very much in advance for any and all time taken to even read
this far. :)