error: configure.bat using latest mingw/cvs

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun Feb 20 00:39:12 CET 2005

Steven Boothe wrote:
> Peter Kümmel wrote:

>> This replaces only the wrong lines in the instructions which are
>> followed by:
>>
>> and also generate Makefiles for the special Qt build process by
>> calling again:
>>
>> C:\source\qt-3>configure-mingw.bat -debug -static

>> If you don't call configure-mingw.bat then there will be 'Makefile's for
>> Visual C++ which produce your errors. configure-mingw.bat generates
>> the 'Makefile's for mingw.
>> Peter
>

> Thank you again for all your help, I'm now wondering how to configure
> Dev-C++ to compile with static linking. I've been looking through the
> various options and searching via google, but haven't yet found a good
> way to do this. If you have any ideas I would be very grateful to hear
> them, otherwise I will keep looking. I'm sure the answer should be
> fairly easy and straight forward once I track it down.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Steven

When compiling qt you are using the Makefiles generated by qmake. Dec-C++
is 'only' a front end to use this makefiles. All compiler/linker options
provided by Dev-C++ are disabled by choosing the 'Custom Makefile'.
But one advantage over using the command line only is the user interface
of the debugger.
There is not native support of a Dev-C++ specific build process, for that
all build informations should be in the *.dev files which is not the case.

So, until now, if you want to use a qt project with a build process
using moc you have to use the makefiles generated by qmake!

If you don't like this you are invited to add this feature to qmake.
Qt4 also misses Dev-C++ support, and  you work on this would not be
obsolete by the GPL Qt4/Win Trolltech release.

Regards,
Peter