error: configure.bat using latest mingw/cvs

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Fri Feb 18 08:16:39 CET 2005

Steven Boothe wrote:

>> OK, that output was the result of running:
>> C:\source\qt-3> bin\configure.exe -debug -static
>>
>> However, by the instructions, I was also encouraged to run the following:
>> C:\source\qt-3> bin\configure.exe -debug -static
>>
>> And this took me right into the "building qt.." process just fine.
>> It's compiling right now even as I write this. :)

Now continuing on with the following the instructions for working with Dev-C++
I encounter the following which I'm not sure what to do. Can someone please
offer a suggestion?

Using Dev-C++

For all Qt project use this procedure:

     * Open Dev-C++ and import the *.dsp file by the menu function
'File/Import' (e.g. 'qt-3\examples\hello\hello.dsp')
     * Enable 'Use custom Makefile' in 'Project/Project Options/Makefile' and
choose 'Makefile' in the folder of your project (e.g.
'qt-3\examples\hello\Makefile')

(I understand the previous points just fine, but not the following:)

Compiling the Qt libraries
You must compile both *.dsp files in the 'qt-3\src' folder.

(I'm not sure how to take this. Should I drop down to a command line and run a
command on the dsp files associated with hello from the qt-3\src folder? Or am
I missing something else altogether? I guess I'm just not sure how to go about
following that direction. As before and always, any and all help is greatly
appreciated, and I'll do my part to try and document this as best as possible
for those who might come only after me.

Thanks to all in advance,

Steven