cvs chaos

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Feb 11 22:53:33 CET 2005

Hi all,

as I state before in a private mail currently the QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH is
broken, caused by an accidantly imported qt_3_3_3 release on the
QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH.

Generally I imported original qt releases on the QT_IMPORT to make it easy
comparing of changes. Unfortunally I have overseen that the
QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH and the QT_IMPORT branches uses the same revision number,
I don't why.

After I recognized this problem I tried to remove the wrongly imported
revisions in qmake dir, which works only if there are higher revisions
already commited for that files. If there are no higher versions, the last
valid revision will be removed :-( This is the reason why qmake does not
compile currently.
Because of this bad experience I downloaded a complete kde-cygwin cvs backup
and installed it as local repository to find out how to proceed with this
problem without havin internet access problems.

I found out, that there are two solutions.
1. adding a dummy revision on top of all patched files and then remove the
wrongly imported revision.
2. creating a reverse patch, which has to applied on top of the
QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH.

I decided to create a reverse patch, because deleting revisions could make
things much more complicating as applying an additional patch.

Unfortunally I was bound last week by an intranet projet working 12 hours a
day, so I had not found any time to apply this patch. It will probably now
happens this weekend.

Sorry for this mistake.