cvs chaos

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Thu Feb 10 20:46:09 CET 2005

Steven Boothe wrote:

>> Peter Kümmel wrote:
>>
>>> A current QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH checkout does NOT compile!
>>> It breacks while compiling qmake.
>>>
>>> What have changed behind the scenes? There are no cvs mails.
>>>
>>> Peter
>>

>> That doesn't seem to be my problem, but I sure would appreciate any
>> help anyone could offer:
>>
>> C:\Source>set QTDIR=c:\Source\qt-3
>> C:\Source>set MINGW=c:\MinGW
>> C:\Source>set PATH=c:\Source\qt-3\bin;c:\MinGW\bin;%PATH%
>> C:\Source>set QMAKESPEC=win32-g++
>> C:\Source>cd qt-3
>> C:\Source\qt-3>configure.bat -verbose
>> install headers for bootstrapping...
>> building header copy tool...
>> Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "then")
>> mingw32-make: *** [tmp\moc\release-shared-mt] Error 2
>>
>> An error occured. Configuration aborted.
>>
>> C:\Source\qt-3>
>

> I'm thinking this is related to my installation of cygwin... Does that
> sound reasonable?

Searching the archives I found the following info that fixed the problem
after removing the entry for cygwin from my system path environment
variable (right click "my computer", properties, advanced tab, edit PATH
variable under System Variables). I had added cygwin into the path
manually to begin with because I like having access to all those
wonderful tools from the command line. I guess this means I have to take
it out everytime I wish to compile with mingw... :(