Trolltech To Extend Dual Licensing To Qt For Win

Simon Rutishauser simon.rutishauser at web.de
Wed Feb 9 13:10:10 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 02:03:24PM +0200, David Fraser wrote:
> Lorn Potter wrote:
>
> >http://www.trolltech.com/newsroom/announcements/00000192.html
> >

> >Trolltech is pleased to announce that we intend to make Qt 4 for Windows
> >available under our successful dual licensing business model. This
> >means that Open Source projects under the GNU GPL license will be able
> >to target all major operating systems using Qt 4. We plan to release the
> >Windows Open Source version of Qt at the same time as Qt
> >

> Just thinking ... any reason that the latest Qt 3 release couldn't be
> released as well?

The faq on their site (although the news are new so it can't really be a
faq ;-)) states that they want to encourage porting apps to qt4.

> In that case the version produced here could be compared, it would be
> interesting and possibly beneficial...

Beneficial for whom? They can't really include anthing "we" wrote better
because the license is GPL and they sell their Qt under the "Commercial
License" as well.

Simon