Dev-C++ / MinGW / QT3-WIN32

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Wed Feb 9 00:14:34 CET 2005

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 February 2005 19:55, Steven Boothe wrote:
>
>>Steven Boothe wrote:
>>
>>>Hello:
>>>
>>>I'm fairly new here, and I was wondering what success anyone has had
>>>using Dev-C++ with QT3-WIN32. Is there any kind of how to for dropping
>>>some example code in and getting started?
>>
>>Download and install Dev-C++:
>>Dev-C++ 5.0 beta 9 (4.9.9.1) (7.6 MB) with Mingw/GCC 3.3.1
>>Dev-C++ version 4.9.9.1, includes full Mingw compiler system (GCC 3.3.1)
>>and GDB 5.2.1 See NEWS.txt for changes in this release.
>>http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
>>
>>Download and install CVSnt:
>>https://secure.march-hare.com/cvspro/default.asp?lang=EN
>>
>>Configure CVS:
>>Tools::Environment Options::CVS Supp
>>c:\path\to\cvs.exe
>>
>>Now at this point I'm not sure whether to choose CVS::Import or CVS::Login?
>
> You should take a look at
> http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/compile-mingw.php

Thank you all. I've just downloaded/installed TortoiseCVS, and I've been
looking at the page on compiling with mingw. TortoiseCVS requires me to
reboot (cvsnt did not), so I haven't tested it yet. As for compiling
with mingw I turned up the following issue by searching the archives:

> OK, I have to do a program that uses QT and I'd like to use dev-c++
> Since Qt does support mingw32 since version 3.2 (infact i can compile
> it using mingw32) I can't have it working from Dev-cpp. QT uses a
> kind of preprocessor to change makefile to generate code for its
> particual signals and slot, I think it's only a workaround problem. I
> did a workaround by invoking a batch file that runs qmake -makefile
> Makefile.win and then make My problem is that I can't pass my library
> options to make in that way. Anybody knows how to do it (or to
> compile in qt from the IDE?)

As I have the same interest, can anyone offer any help or advice with
respect to this persons issue?

Thanks in advance.

Steven