installation problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Aug 9 10:38:58 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 8. August 2005 11:31 schrieb Rolf Siepmann:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install kde-cygwin following the instructions at
> http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-cygwin/kde/kde3.4/README
>
> After performing
>
> bin\ash bin/rebaseall  -b 0x61000000 -v -T tmp/files.lst
>
> in step 3 I get the following message
>
> C:\cygwin>cygwin.bat
>       4 [main] bash 3192 handle_exceptions: Exception:
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>     555 [main] bash 3192 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
> bash.exe.stackdump
> C:\cygwin\bin>
>
> Does anybody know what went wrong?

It may be that your rebase was interrupted and one the used dll's of bash is
going corrupted. See the following list of dll's used by bash

$ cygcheck /bin/bash.exe
c:/cygwin/bin/bash.exe
  c:/cygwin/bin\cygwin1.dll
  c:/cygwin/bin\cygintl-3.dll
    c:/cygwin/bin\cygiconv-2.dll
  c:/cygwin/bin\cygreadline6.dll
	c:/cygwin/bin\cygncurses-8.dl

The relating packages are cygwin, libintl3, libiconv2, libreadline6, and
libncurses8. You may reinstall this packages.