kdewebdev (Quanta)

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Aug 6 17:50:16 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 2. August 2005 19:05 schrieb David H Gunnells:
> Hello,
>
>   I recently installed cygwin and KDE 3.4.1 according to
> http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-cygwin/kde/kde3.4/ (thanks Ralf!)
> but noticed that http://sourceforge.net/projects/kde-cygwin/ has only
> old releases available for download. Where might I find a more current
> version of Quanta (kdewebdev) for KDE on Windows than 3.2(!)? Thanks for
> taking the time to get KDE on winblows!

There is currently no out of the box release of quanta. I've tried to build a
release from http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.4/kdewebdev/ but got two
problems. For those who like to fix this by themself here are some notes:

First, it seems that the recent kdelibs 3.4 has problems unpacking gzipped
files, which I hadn't found yet.

I have only a workaround by using tar files instead of gzipped tar files for
quanta's toolbars. It requires applying the quanta-cygwin.patch in the
checkout kwebdev dir and the following command line for converting the
installed toolbar files.

	find /opt/kde3.4/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/ -name '*.tgz' -exec gzip -d {}
\;

The appended quanta-gzip-filter-testcase.patch could be applied to kwebdev dir
to get a ktartest application in quanta/src to see that unzipping goes wrong.

The second problem is that quanta consumes 99% cpu usage after starting. An
strace using quanta's pid (strace -p <quanta-pid>) shows quanta loops through
network readv calls and got error messages of 10054=WSAECONNRESET. Currently
I have not idea what's going wrong.

some hints for configuring kwebdev from cvs (basic development package like
gcc autotools and so one are required)
1· checkout unsermake from
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdenonbeta/unsermake/?rev=443540
2. checkout kwebdev from http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.4/kdewebdev/
3. enter kwebdev source root and run
	unsermake -f Makefile.cvs
4. configure using the appended configure.cygwin
	. ./configure.cygwin

Regards
--
Ralf Habacker