How to set the QT_DLL macro?

Angus Leeming leeming at lyx.org
Fri Apr 22 13:32:37 CEST 2005

Angus Leeming wrote:
>> On cygwin I'm using the following switch, which may help to prevet seg
>> faults. It requires a relink of the qt-3.dll
>> QMAKE_LFLAGS            =
>> -Wl,--script,$(QTDIR)/mkspecs/cygwin-g++/i386pe.x-no-rdata
>
> Now that is very, very interesting. I'll try it out. (Am I correct to say
> that only the dll needs to be re-linked?

Hi, Ralf.

I have some good news and some bad news to report.

a cross-compiled LyX/Win 1.3.x runs beautifully on Windows, but only when I
use a natively compiled qt3.dll. If I try and use the cross-compiled
qt3.dll, then I get the dreaded popup "The application failed to
initialise itself correctly".

This is true both with a qt3.dll using the 'standard' linker options

QMAKE_LFLAGS            = -Wl,-enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import
-Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc

and when I add your script:

QMAKE_LFLAGS            = -Wl,--script,$(QTDIR)/mkspecs/cygwin-g++/i386pe.x-no-rdata
-Wl,-enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import
-Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc

Regards,
Angus