Cross compilation of designer.exe fails

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Apr 21 21:23:33 CEST 2005

Angus Leeming schrieb:

>I don't know how to fix this one. linking of designer.exe is failing
>because designercore.lib does not exist. (The .a file does exist however.)
>
>$ ls lib
>CVS                  libqassistantclient.a    libqtmain.a    qt3.dll
>libdesignercore.a    libqassistantclient.prl  libqtmain.prl  qt.prl
>libdesignercore.prl  libqnp.prl               libqui.a       README
>libeditor.prl        libqt.a                  libqui.prl
>
>Failure message:
>make[4]: Entering directory
>`/home/angus/mingw-xcompile/qt3/tools/designer/app'
>make[4]: *** No rule to make target
>`/home/angus/mingw-xcompile/qt3/lib/designercore.lib', needed by
>`../../../bin/designer.exe'.  Stop.
>make[4]: Leaving directory
>`/home/angus/mingw-xcompile/qt3/tools/designer/app'

This is because your  QMAKESPEC=win32-g++-cross is evulated as different
from the original win32-g++. To avoid such problems I patched the
original win32-g++ mkspecs

Add the blue lines to
/home/angus/mingw-xcompile/qt3/tools/designer/app/app.pro
TEMPLATE        = app
TARGET          = designer

CONFIG          -= moc
DESTDIR         = $$QT_BUILD_TREE/bin

SOURCES         += main.cpp
INCLUDEPATH     += ../designer
LIBS    += -ldesignercore -lqui -lqassistantclient -L$$QT_BUILD_TREE/lib
win32 {
   RC_FILE      = designer.rc
   win32-g++ {
        TARGETDEPS += $$QT_BUILD_TREE/lib/libdesignercore.a
  } win32-g++-cross {
        TARGETDEPS += $$QT_BUILD_TREE/lib/libdesignercore.a
   } else {
        TARGETDEPS += $$QT_BUILD_TREE/lib/designercore.lib
   }
}
mac {
   RC_FILE      = designer.icns
   QMAKE_INFO_PLIST = Info_mac.plist
   staticlib:CONFIG -= global_init_link_order #yuck
}

target.path=$$bins.path
INSTALLS        += target

Regards