Cross-compilation of libqt3.dll works!

Angus Leeming leeming at lyx.org
Thu Apr 21 11:33:01 CEST 2005

Wooo! Thanks, Ralf. Compilation is soooooooo much quicker under linux.

I have one question remaining, however. On MinGW/MSYS I appear to build the
multi-threaded versions of the library:

$ ls ~/mnt/windowsJ/MinSYS/home/Angus/qt3/lib
cvs                  libeditor.prl            libqtmain.a    libqui.prl
libdesignercore.a    libqassistantclient.a    libqtmain.prl  qt-mt3.dll
libdesignercore.prl  libqassistantclient.prl  libqt-mt.a     qt-mt.prl
libeditor.a          libqnp.prl               libqui.a       readme

whilst your cross-compilation prescription
$ ./configure -no-cups -platform win32-g++-cross -shared

lead to me building the single-threaded library with the cross-compiler:

$ ls /home/angus/mingw-xcompile/qt3/lib/
CVS                  libqassistantclient.prl  libqui.prl  README
libdesignercore.prl  libqnp.prl               qt3.dll
libeditor.prl        libqt.a                  qt.prl

Is there a reason why I shouldn't pass -thread to configure?

Regards,
Angus