Using the mingw cross compiler

Angus Leeming leeming at lyx.org
Thu Apr 21 09:49:46 CEST 2005

Ralf Habacker wrote:
>> Ths is caused by qmake, which hardcodes the active win32/unix related
>> configuration. Please make sure, you are using recent sources from the
>> QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH (at least qmake/project.cpp revision 1.1.1.9 or >=
>> 1.1.1.12) , it contains a required patch. Hope that helps.
>>
> Just to make sure, the qmake running on unix requires the patch :-)

Many thanks. I was just using the qmake that was already installed. I'll
try again...

Success! (In building qmake.exe at least :)

One question. Notice the 'Configuration' line below which says
'nocrosscompiler'. Is that important?

Angus

i386-mingw32-g++ -Wl,-enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import
-Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-s -Wl,-subsystem,console
-o ../bin/qmake.exe tmp/makefile.o tmp/projectgenerator.o
tmp/metrowerks_xml.o tmp/pbuilder_pbx.o tmp/borland_bmake.o tmp/msvc_dsp.o
tmp/msvc_nmake.o tmp/msvc_objectmodel.o tmp/msvc_vcproj.o tmp/mingw_make.o
tmp/winmakefile.o tmp/unixmake.o tmp/unixmake2.o tmp/option.otmp/main.o
tmp/project.o tmp/property.o tmp/meta.o tmp/qtmd5.o tmp/qbitarray.o
tmp/qbuffer.o tmp/qconfig.o tmp/qcstring.o tmp/qdatastream.o
tmp/qdatetime.o tmp/qdir.o tmp/qfile.o tmp/qfileinfo.o tmp/qgarray.o
tmp/qgcache.o tmp/qgdict.o tmp/qglist.o tmp/qglobal.o tmp/qgvector.o
tmp/qiodevice.o tmp/qlibrary.o tmp/qmap.otmp/qptrcollection.o
tmp/qregexp.o tmp/qstring.o tmp/qstringlist.o tmp/qtextcodec.o
tmp/qtextstream.o tmp/quuid.o tmp/qsettings.o tmp/qlocale.o
tmp/qunicodetables.o tmp/qfile_win.o tmp/qfileinfo_win.o tmp/qdir_win.o
tmp/qlibrary_win.o tmp/qsettings_win.o  -lole32
2 I_FLAGS =

        This target is using the GNU C++ compiler (win32-g++-cross).

        Recent versions of this compiler automatically include code for
        exceptions, which increase both the size of the Qt library and the
        amount of memory taken by your applications.

        You may choose to re-run configure with the -no-exceptions
        option to compile Qt without exceptions. This is completely binary
        compatible, and existing applications should continue to work.

Build type:    win32-g++-cross

Configuration .......  nocrosscompiler minimal-config small-config
medium-config large-config full-config styles tools kernel widgets dialogs
iconview workspace network canvas table xml opengl sql release dll png
no-gif zlib bigcodecs
STL support ......... no
PCH support ......... no
IPv6 support ........ no