i look in archive

Jon Fincher jfincher42 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:17:50 CEST 2005

Henri Girard <girardhenri <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> and tried it to solve my mcopidl problem but doesn't work ?
> does one knows what to do ?
> > http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/mirrors/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/audio/arts/
> >README.html. And copy the files from bin/ , lib/ and include/ directories to
> > corresponding directories of opt/kde3/. Eventhough it was precompiled for
> > NetBSD, fortunately mcopidl works for kde-cygwin also. Copying only mcopidl
> > may also work, but I am not sure. Hopefully you can solve that problem.
> >
> This mcopidl will not work and it isn't required to have a working mcopidl.
> Simply use a symbolic link for this
>
> ln -s true /opt/kde3/bin/mcopidl
> ln -s true /opt/kde3/bin/artsc-config

I've tried this, and still I get the error.  Both files exist, both are
symlinks to true, both are chmod 777 (can't change them to 755).  Ran mkpasswd
and mkgroup just to see if that might have been the problem, but still
nothing.  Checked the configure script, tried exporting the MCOPIDL (?) envvar -
 still the same error.

I'll keep banging on it, checking the configure script lines for where the
failure is occuring, but if anyone has any other ideas (like maybe an arts-
devel package for cygwin), I'd love to know about it.

--Jon