prelimary mingw cross compile instructions

Simon Rutishauser simon.rutishauser at web.de
Fri Apr 8 23:05:42 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 10:47:36PM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> On Friday 08 April 2005 22:03, Simon Rutishauser wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > can you tell how long linking qt takes (as dll I mean) compared to
> > native mingw?
>
> depends on the server hardware. I had measured times on a dual Xeon system 2.6
> GHz about 15-20 seconds.
>
> rm lib/qt*.dll
> time make
>
> real    0m15.161s
> user    0m14.234s
> sys     0m0.925s

I don't think the dual helps here, so it should be done on my computer
in about 2 minutes instead of 20-30 on native mingw. I'll give it a try
to see how long it actually takes (as debian is nice and provides mingw
crossgcc packages)

Rebooting just for recompiling begins to sound interesting ;-)

Simon