QTwin Wiki Update

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Fri Apr 8 18:07:15 CEST 2005

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> On Friday 08 April 2005 11:34, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>>On Friday 08 April 2005 08:28, Steven Boothe wrote:
>>
>>>Just another update:
>>>
>>>I've discovered that moving the wiki to http://qtwin.sourceforge.net was
>>>pretty much a non-issue and didn't require anything more than an
>>>alturation of the path in the config file and moving the files from the
>>>wikimedia directory to the virtual root directory - done deal.
>>>
>>>Still I don't think it is ready to go 'live' yet so I left the old
>>>index.html file in there to redirect to the projects/qtwin page at SF.
>>>
>>>However, the wiki page is accessible from
>>>http://qtwin.sourceforge.net/index.php
>>>
>>>So I'm thinking it is probably ready to begin being worked on, but not
>>>made directly linked to from http://qtwin.sourceforge.net until we
>>>reworked some of the style and frontpage content so that it isn't such a
>>>blatent copying from the wiki.scribus.net site.
>>>
>>>Anyway, that's it for tonight.
>>
>>Does this wiki supports importing raw html code from the kde-cygwin website
>>? Otherwise it will be much work to rework all stuff.
>>

> Found already on the main page.

Excellent! I was looking for that myself. :)

> Then I renamed the link on the main page to Ms Visual Studio 6.0 and then the
> previous content wasn't  accessable, because the name on the main page is the
> link. Can this behaviore be changed in a way, that the internal page link
> could be different from the displayed link text ?
>
> Regards
>  Ralf

Ah I had this same problem too. Thankfully later somebody came along at
http://wiki.scribus.net and demonstrated that was a way around it. :)
Here is what they did: If you notice at the front page of that wiki
there is a reference to Cygin/X11 and it is linked to the page
"Installing Scribus on Win32", and this is the code used to do it:

[[Installing Scribus on Win32|Cygwin/X11]]

Thanks for everything Ralf, Chris, et al. :)

Steven