Parse errors running latest configure/qmake

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Sep 30 17:39:42 CEST 2004

Chris January schrieb:
>>Running the latest version of configure/qmake I'm seeing
>>parse errors similar to: For
>>C:\msys\1.0\home\Chris\qt-3\plugins\src\styles\compact\compact.pro
>>compact.dsp:2: Parse Error ('<VisualStudioProject')
>>Error processing project file:
>>C:/msys/1.0/home/Chris/qt-3/plugins/src/styles/co
>>mpact/compact.dsp
>>Etc.
>>I invoked configure using:
>>configure-msvc.net.bat
This was a small problem with configure.
I did something like this: a = b.replace(".pro",".dsp"). But this also
modified b and so the qmake-arguments were not correct.

>>What did I do wrong?
>>Do I need to delete some files before I run configure?
>

> P.S. is it really necessary to rebuild every file after running configure.
> Could this be prevented somehow?
when configure is changed or invoked with other parameters than before,
rebuilding every Makefile is needed. But since this doesn't happen
often, you can start without calling configure by simply calling "nmake" .

> Chris
Christian