QT application run-time error

Jacob Page apoco at cox.net
Thu Sep 9 21:13:17 CEST 2004

I've been writing an application using QT 3.2.3 for Cygwin.  It was
compiling and running just fine until I tried using signals and slots.
As soon as I added a declaration for a public slot, the application
crashes at run time with the popup error message "The application failed
to initialize properly (0xc0000005).  Click on OK to terminate the
application."

If I comment out the contents of the function implementation, the error
still occurs.  If I don't connect the signal and slot, the error still
occurs.  But if I move the function declaration to a simple public
section in the class, the run-time error does not occur.  I can compile
and run my code under Linux without any issues.  Has anyone else had
this or a similar problem occur?

Here's the software versions I'm using:

Package  Version
-------  -------
Cygwin   1.5.11
GCC      3.3.3 (cygwin special)
QT       3.2

Here's the class definition with the declared slot:

#include <qlistview.h>

class FileTree : public QListView
{
   Q_OBJECT