QListView glitches, drag & drop not working

Ivan de Jesus Deras ivan_deras at yahoo.es
Tue Oct 5 16:51:24 CEST 2004

--- Chris January <chris at atomice.net> escribió:

> the Qt lib I should
> and report my
> > >>

> > >Have a look through the various font classes
> (qfontengine_win.cpp,
> > >etc.)
> > >

> > Ok, but do you think this has nothing to do with
> the QListView class
> > itself since it is higher level and calls lower
> > level functions so it could be that it's the same
> code as
> > Qt-X11 ? The strange thing is that QListBox seems
> to work
> > well which should call
> > the qfontengine stuff too ?
> > Il looks like QListView has problems when
> refreshing the previously
> > selected item. (the item above the currently
> selected one).
> >  (it seems like it first refreshes the text and
> then erases the
> > background over it ?  Ideas ? )
>
> It's not a problem in QListView itself since we
> haven't modified it. It has
> to be a problem in one of the files with a _win.cpp
> extension. My guesses
> are that either:
> A) the font rendering code is still not completely
> working and it gives the
> wrong coordinates to refresh/erase.
> B) the painting code is broken and rendering is
> occuring in the wrong
> place/order/way.
> I'd say both explanations are as likely as each
> other. I know the painting
> code is broken because checkboxes and radio buttons
> don't work.
In the past I have traced some problems related to
Double Buffer, to realize of this I modified the
QMultiLineEdit code to not use Double Buffer and works
well, but when it use Double Buffer (the default) you
can see problems when scroll the control.  Try to run
MDI example, open a large file (at least one that need
scroll) and you will see this behavior.  I think this
has something to do with QListView problem.