linker problem with qt3.2.3 binary package

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Nov 11 07:44:16 CET 2004

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 18:59, Razmig K wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've downloaded and installed the latest binary package of Qt 3.2.3, have
> added the qmakespecs for cygwin-g++ (which were missing from the archive)
> and have updated my environment (QTDIR and QMAKESPEC) as appropriate.
> Upon building this very simple applicaton:
>
> #include <qapplication.h>
> #include <qlabel.h>
> int main( int argc, char* argv[] )
> {
>     QApplication app( argc, argv ) ;
>     QLabel* label = new QLabel( "<b>Hello Qt/X11!</b>", 0 ) ;
>     app.setMainWidget( label ) ;
>     label->show() ;
>     return app.exec() ;
> }
>
> I get the following list of errors:
>
> g++ -Wl,-rpath,/opt/qt/3.2/lib -o hello hello.o   -L/opt/qt/3.2/lib
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11
To be sure about your environment I have some questions:

1. Do you have downloaded the release on
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/kde-cygwin/qt-3.2.3-3-gcc3.tar.bz2?download ?
2. Do you have followed the release notes on
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=201869
3. Which gcc release you are using exactly g++ -v ?

There were some issues with gcc 3.x relating to read only data. You may try to
compile your application with -fdata-section

Using gcc 3.4 may requires the hint on
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cygwin&m=109844101400400&w=2

Regards