KDE3.1 fails to run from a clean install.

Crescioli, Phil Phil.Crescioli at gd-ais.com
Thu Mar 25 21:22:03 CET 2004

Thanks Ralf, "rebaseall" did the trick, I now have the KDE desktop
running
>From my clean install.  However I did not see that I had to issue the
rebaseall command when doing a clean install anywhere in the
KDE-Cygwin-X documentations?  Why must I run rebaseall after a clean
install?

One more Question:  The cygwin window I used to kick off KDE is
outputting
that it can't load a library, is that normal?  I used:
$ HOME=/usr/home/philc startx -multiwindow &
Below is a snippet of the output from this.

================== BEGIN SNIPPET ==========================
Could not load library! Trying exec....
kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'ktip' from launcher.
KDEINIT_KIO_EXEC
library=ktip.la: No file names ktip.la found in paths.
Could not load library! Trying exec....
kdeinit: PID 3004 terminated.
kdeinit: PID 3708 terminated.
kdeinit: Got EXT_EXEC 'kfmclient' from launcher.
KDEINIT_KIO_EXEC
Could not load library! Trying exec....
kdeinit: Got EXT_EXEC 'konqueror' from launcher.
KDEINIT_KIO_EXEC
Could not load library! Trying exec....
kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kio_file' from launcher.
KDEINIT_KIO_EXEC
Could not load library! Trying exec....
kdeinit: PID 3916 terminated.
ASSERT: "m_widget" in kaction.cpp (2993)
ASSERT: "m_widget" in kaction.cpp (2993)
kdeinit: PID 3904 terminated.
kdeinit: Got EXT_EXEC 'konsole' from launcher.
KDEINIT_KIO_EXEC
Could not load library! Trying exec....
kdeinit: PID 3640 terminated.

It took all day to get my clean install working, but in turn I learned a

lot about KDE and Cygwin/X, and I very much appreciate the help from you
guys !
Phil