problem of domain rights

Laurent lmevel at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 18:44:59 CET 2004

hello,

it is my first post and I need a little help.

I've installed both cygwin and kde on my computer and everything worked fine
until I discovered some annoying problem :(

I've installed Cyg/Kde as a local account owner and as long I use it like that
it is ok, but when I log on a domain (the domain login and local login have the
same name by the way) I have lots of file owner rights. Cygwin seems to consider
I'm not the same user and I do not have any rights. It is especially problematic
since I can not save any settings in KDE for example :(

I've looked in the FAQ on the website and there seemms to have a little talk
about it but it is beyond me. What should I do such that my local and domain
account have the same rights on cygwin ??

thanks in advance