rebaseall

Allen Jasewicz ajasewic at yazaki-na.com
Wed Mar 24 13:59:14 CET 2004

Thank you,

It seems that I missed that in my reading.  I will go through and make sure that I have no spaces in my environment vars.

If I can ask another question ― Is their a way to use KDE as a remote desktop to a Solaris CED desk top.  Similar to xvision or exceed?  If so please provide so hints at how to proceed.

Thank you

Allen

Allen Jasewicz
Yazaki North America
Mail Stop 2667w
6801 Haggerty Rd
Canton MI, 48187
734-983-2134
ajasewic at yazaki-na.com

>>> ralf.habacker at freenet.de 03/24/04 02:43AM >>>
On Tuesday 23 March 2004 23:26, Allen Jasewicz wrote:
> I am unable to run startx &.  I can run startx -multiwindow $ and startx
> -rootwindow.  I get to the ksplash screen where the monitor is flashing
> xterm in the bash shell in my win2k desktop and get an xterm in my kde
> window but no other window management functions. I have spent three days
> (hope that's enough time invested before posting a question) combing
> through the forums, googling, uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.
> Please offer some suggestions.
>
>  I have tried to run rebaseall -v however it does not work I get this
> error:
>
> $ rebaseall -v
> /usr/bin/rebaseall: line 70: [: too many arguments
> /usr/bin/rebaseall: line 75: [: too many arguments
> /usr/bin/rebaseall: line 94: $TmpFile: ambiguous redirect
> cannot read /cygdrive/c/Documents

You have spaces in your TEMP environment path. Try
export TEMP=/tmp
rebaseall -v