kde-cygwin install : can't even download from http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/install

Thomas Anberree T.Anberree at cs.bham.ac.uk
Sun Mar 21 14:55:31 CET 2004

hello,

I'm a total newcomer to cygwin and KDE.
My OS: Windows XP

I had no problem installing a basic cygwin using ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk
and some other packages from other sites.

Then I tried to follow the instructions on :

    http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/installation.php

    relating to section:  " Installation unsing the cygwin installer  "

 to INSTALL a KDE environment in CYGWIN

BUT: using either the original cygwin setup.exe or the one provided on
'http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/installation.php',
I can start downloading packages (the default ones, i.e. I don't add
anything myself) and then it stops doing anything for
a while and I get the message "Download Incomplete. Try again?".

I tried this on several computers running Windows XP, some with  cygwin
freshly installed using cygwin original installer, some without, some
with cygwin with may packages already installed.  I got always the same
error message.

This kind of problem only happens when downloading from:
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/install, as asked by the instructions.
It works well from other sites but I couldn't find one with the correct
packages

Thank you for any help.
Cheers