Koffice compiling problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Mar 20 14:35:27 CET 2004

On Saturday 20 March 2004 11:38, Gharti wrote:
> I am trying to compile koffice-1.3. But during configure, I got the error
> related to aspell as:
>

> Your libaspell is too old or not installed, I couldn't find aspell.h.
> You must download aspell >= 0.50.2
> See http://aspell.net/. Spell-checking disabled.

Do you have the cygwin aspell and aspell-dev package installed ?
Both are required.

> During checking process there was a message like this:
>

> checking for new_aspell_config in -laspell..........no

See in the end of config.log which commands exactly fails. Try to run the
command by hand.

What I have found is symbol "new_aspell_config", but "new_aspell_config" isn't
in the library.

$ nm /usr/lib/libaspell.dll.a | grep "new_aspell_config"
00000000 I __imp__new_aspell_config
00000000 T _new_aspell_config

> And there are aspell and pspell as well installed properly. In fact
> new_config_aspell is defined in pspell.h,
I haven't found it in the header also in the internet only the label
new_aspell_config

$ grep  -r "new_aspell_config" /usr/include/*
/usr/include/aspell.h:struct AspellConfig * new_aspell_config();
/usr/include/pspell/pspell.h:#define new_pspell_config new_aspell_config

< but how to modify the
>  configure.in, is the concerned problem.

At least make sure to use the following for configure

export PATH=/usr/autotool/devel/bin:$PATH
make -f Makefile.cvs
CXXFLAGS="-fdata-sections" CFLAGS="-fdata-sections"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc" ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3 -
-with-qt-dir=/opt/qt3 --disable-closure --disable-rpath --without-arts

If this does not help, let me know.