kile on cygwin

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Mar 5 12:14:30 CET 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 08:58, Nirajan Gharti wrote:
> I have compiled kile on kde-cygwin. As kile is on of the best latex editor.
> I realized it would be better if it has been included as a package in
> kde-cygwin. I will be very happy to provide compiled package if it seems
> useful and kile author permits.
It would really help us, if people take over maintenance of specific
packages, because it would speed up releasing more kde-cygwin packages.

I have seen in the last time, that interesting package like kmail, kgroupware
(it runs already as development version) or kile requires more attention as
for example kdegames, because of their complexitivity. This means for me
personally, that I have to decide to release and to support more packages or
to spend my available time in the basic development like the native qt port,
further kdelibs/kdebase releases like kde 3.2, cygwin bug fixes and so one.

If people are willing to take over maintenance over a specific package, the
following things are required:

1. Answering package relating questions in the kde-cygwin mailing list.
2. bug searching and fixing
3. updating package related faq entries
4. providing releases/updates in case of reported errors or new functionality

If someone like to take over maintenance, please be sure, you can do this
maintenance over a specific time range say at least a year.

For packaging we use a portage based build system, which makes is very easy to
gather all required informations like dependencies and requires source
packages.

If someone is interested to use this stuff, let me know for further
informations.