Problem compiling kdegraphics

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Mar 3 08:50:56 CET 2004

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 19:35, Nirajan Gharti wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I am trying to compile kdegraphics in cygwin-kde. But as soon as the make
> process reaches kdegraphics/kview directory following error is prompted.
> And I tried several options. Eventhough I applied the patch correctly as
> provided in cygwin-kde-admin, tried the options manually:
> CXXFLAGS=-fdata-sections CFLAGS=-fdata-sections
> LDFLAGS=-Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc, I tried event to apply patch in
> kdegraphics/kview/Makefile.am as:
>
> -libkview_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_RPATH)
>  +libkview_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_RPATH) -ldcop -lqt-mt
>

> But could not resolve the problem. I would really be grateful for your
> help.

<snip>
> libtool: link: warning: library `/lib/libstdc++.la' was moved.
>

> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
> /lib/libstdc++.la. *** I have the capability to make that library
> automatically link in when *** you link to this library.  But I can only do
> this if you have a *** shared version of the library, which you do not
> appear to have.

This problem is caused by a too strictly defined libtool rule, which prevents
adding static libs to libtool dll's. A workaround follows:

After configuring your package edit the file 'libtool' in your source package
root dir, search for all deplibs_check_method= lines and replace it with

	deplibs_check_method="pass_all"

Additional you should search for all lines containing allow_undefined_flag=
and replace it with

	allow_undefined_flag="no"

Regards