Cumbersome waiting de- and re-installing KDE with every minor cha nge

BERTIN Philippe philippe.bertin at cnh.com
Mon Jun 14 08:29:36 CEST 2004

'Llo Ralf, All,

Thanks for your reply on this list. I have used, as an average user, cygwin for a couple of months now, had seen this keep- option several times, had wondered what it could eventually mean, had never thought it would be that what you're saying now, and had stopped wondering what it could eventually mean. Bad thing to do.

What I wonder now, though, is: what about the dependencies when one uses this keep- option ?  Isn't there a risk to miss, in the long run (when new package versions come along), here or there a version update, so that eventually packages stop working together ? Due to a bypassed check on dependencies ? (Any links I should have found myself ?)

Kind regards,

Ph. Bertin