Cumbersome waiting de- and re-installing KDE with every minor cha nge

BERTIN Philippe philippe.bertin at cnh.com
Tue Jun 1 14:05:04 CEST 2004

'Llo All,

I can hardly imagine that no-one asked this before to the list, but I looked into the logs (maybe not using the correct terms ?), but found no answer to my problem. Hence I ask it here :

After having installed KDE (and Qt), with every new, even minor change, it takes a whole time to deinstall, and later re-install the environment. After a while, it gets boaring to wait for the cygwin setup program to finish. Is there a (maybe/probably not so safe ?) workaround ?

Kind regards,

Ph Bertin