Anti-aliased fonts with KDE 3.1.4

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Jul 3 23:05:32 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 18:20, Trent Nelson wrote:
>     Are anti-aliased fonts supported with any version of Cygwin/KDE?
>     Is there a trick to getting it working other than just turning
>     the option on via the control panel?

The anti aliasing support is a bit tricky, because it required a special
configuration of the xserver, and a xserver supporting this feature.
Unfortunally I haven't found a stable way until now.

A workaround may be to use the microsoft fonts. See the kde-cygwin mailing
list, the faq pages and the xfree-cygwin mailing list for some hints.