QT3-win32 msvc support

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Jul 3 13:17:01 CEST 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 01:27, Juan Linietsky wrote:
> On Thursday 01 July 2004 18:08, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the native qt3-win32 (qt 3.1 based) has now full msvc support.  There are
> > some things left to do (see
> > http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/qt3-win32/roadmap.php), but the recent state is
> > already usefull.
> >
> > I like to thank especial the people from the wolfpack project
> > http://wpdev.sf.net for their contributions of the msvc patches , unicode
> > support and the qt based config tool.
> >
> > Great work
> >
> > Ralf
>
> Amazing! Congratulations on such enormous effort!
> I have some doubts regarding to this by the way..
>
> -Does this run cygwin-indenpendent?
yes

> -Does it have the file dialogs implemented?
yes
> -Does it compile on gcc (and specially gcc3) ?

There may be some possible ways using another build system, but we haven't
checked yet:
1. Using a cygwin host enviroment it will be possible using gcc3 -mno-cygwin
if qt supports the cygwin path style. This support is currently missing

2. Using the mingw. We haven't checked. The problem may be using a win32 path
style and a gnu make tool, which

3. Using the free visualc toolkit: It seems to be compatible to msvc, but it
does not have nmake nor it provides the win32 api (windows.h and friends). It
may be possible to use the w32api package from the mingw distribution, but as
I said, we haven't tried.

People are invited to implement and submit additional compiler support.

Ralf