Variable cannot be auto-imported

Tyler Hepworth TylerH at natr.com
Thu Jan 29 04:26:54 CET 2004

I am trying to compile kopete-0.8rc1.  During make, I get many dozens of
messages that say "variable <var> can't be auto-imported.  Please read the
documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details."  I have read the
documentation and the suggested solutions:

--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc

change values to a constant

etc.

but, I really have no idea what all of that means or how to implement it.
Do you need to see the output of the make file?  I have it saved and can
send it if you wish.  Or, can you tell me what I have to do to clear this up

without seeing the file?

Thanks,

Tyler