the procedure entry point ..... could not be located in the dynamic link library cygqt-mt-3.dll

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jan 22 20:50:31 CET 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 16:30, Alessandro Leonardi Jr wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have some problems to start cygwin-kde!
> Starting with
>      $ startx &
> when a Xwindow have just been created ( a empty window, without buttons or
> other window elements ), I have many error messages, like this:
>  " The procedure entry point _ZN11QStringData10deleteSelfEv could not be
> located in the dynamic link library cygqt-mt-3.dll "
>
> Later there are rows from startx commandline debug,
>  where are reported some errors!
>
> + kdeinit +kcminit +knotify
> + test -n ''
> + kwrapper ksmserver
> Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
> + test 128 -eq 255
> + echo 'startkde: Shutting down...'
> startkde: Shutting down...
> + kdeinit_shutdown
> Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
> Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
> + dcopserver_shutdown
>

> I run cygwin on WindowsXp and I deleted old cygwin version to reinstall the
> new with Kde elements. I installed all using  Cygwin Net Installer and the
> packages downloaded from http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/install so
> indicated in http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/installation.php
>
> There is sombady with the right solutions? :)

It seems that you have installed the gcc 2 compiled cygqt-mt-3.dll  in your
search path, not the gcc3. You should install the qt-3-gcc3 package.

The real one must be located into  and could be verified with the following
command.

objdump -x /opt/qt/3.2/bin/cygqt-mt-3.dll | grep
_ZN11QStringData10deleteSelfEv

If therre is no output, you have installed the qt-3 lib for gcc2. Additional
you may run

$ cygcheck -c -d | grep qt
qt-3-gcc3               3.2.3-3
      ^^^^